HOW TO APPLY?
September 26, 2017
STEP (1) ONE
– Student carries out a project or event. The student can be an active participant or a leader/project manager, OR even be an active member of a club or society.
STEP (2) TWO
– Student fills in a self assessment form that details their learning experience and skills gained from the project or event.
It demonstrates the qualities called Attributes of Distinction as listed below:
- Leadership – Compulsory
- Teamwork – Compulsory
- Social Awareness and Community Service – Compulsory
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Communication and Public Relations
- Education and Career
- Technology, Innovation and Multimedia
- Diversity and Cross Cultural Awareness
- Sports and Recreation Involvement
- Artistic Appreciation
- Special Achievement
– Please click on the each attribute to download sample of application –
STEP (3) THREE
– Student is required to fill-in minimum of five (5) forms to attain one (1) APU EDGE transcript.
– Five (5) Forms are considered as One (1) Set – which is equivalant to only ONE certificate.
– Students can multiply the number of SETS submitted to aim for the PRISM Awards.
– A set must include; one activity on Leadership, one activity on Teamwork, & one activity on Social Awareness. The remaning 2 attributes can be anything from above list.
– Submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP (4) FOUR
– The APU EDGE committee reviews these forms and will approve or advise the student accordingly. Once it is approved, the student is informed that their application is valid and is eligible for the APU EDGE transcript depending on the number of sets submitted.
STEP (5) FIVE
– Each applicant who succeeds in the process, will be eligible for the APU EDGE Professional Transcript.
Whereas, only short-listed applicants will be entitled for PRISM award which will be awarded at the Graduation Ceremony annually.
Criteria for PRISM award:
- Variety of Attributes: An applicant must pursue and achieve the attributes of Leadership, Teamwork, and Community Service.
- Academic Criteria: A student must have a graded average of 3.0 during the eligible period.
-Students who do not make it may attempt the application the following year if the graded average is improved.